Monday, December 1, 2014

Media Log#5: Blog- Mikhail Padilla C39B - Mr. Basa

Writing these media logs gave me the opportunity to express what I feel and develop my thinking skills. Doing these, is kind of hard but it is worth it since I learned new things like being aware of the viral photos in social media, determining fallacies, giving arguments, and being able to reason out. Even though I could not write freely because of the requirements per media log, I was able to have a practice on grammar, researching, APA citation, reasoning, usage of patterns per paragraph, and transitional devices.

Media Log#1: Viral Photo

At first, I was thinking of a photo that I have seen on Facebook. I did not remember any. So, I searched on Google about the photos that went viral. I saw one photo which is the picture of this kid named "Jesus Condom". Well, it was almost the one that I will post on the group but I changed my mind since it might cause an issue since I am studying at a Catholic university. Hence, I remembered about the Trypophobia, “the fear of holes”. I know that the pictures will be disgusting but I didn't mind since it is one of the reasons why it went viral and it is unique also. I did my first media log and even if I have the syllabus and the guide question of why it went viral, I still do not know how to start, the content per paragraph, and what the format is. However, I believe that I will be corrected and guided since I assumed that the whole class did not know also. I did pass it and became curious about my grade. It is a good score but revisions are needed to do. Nevertheless, I did my best to revise and pass it again with the correct format. We posted this also on our section Facebook group page and had the first peer evaluation with my friend, Martin and it was efficiently done.


Media Log#2: Fallacy in Commercial - Ice cream : Mercedes Benz car (False Analogy)


Of all media logs, for me, this was the easiest. Aside from that it's easy to know the fallacy is which is false analogy, I was inspired to do this because that car brand and model is my dream car since I was a child but did not like ice cream though. Anyway, as I was doing this, I realized that most, if not all, commercials advocates fallacies. I observed every movement of the character, Raymond and how it is narrated. Since it has fallacies and poor narration for the sequence of events, an expression popped out from my mind, "How could you do this to me, Mercedes Benz? You ruined my childhood dream!" 


Media Log#3: Movie Trailer - The Dark Knight Rises

I chose The Dark Knight Rises movie trailer since I was reading Batman graphic novels just recently. It wasn't hard for me to find a trailer since I love dark superhero movies like Watchmen and V for Vendetta. However, I still picked the famous and most recent Batman movie that is the only trailer among the entire trilogy with a very suspenseful feel. This trailer strucked me the most since it is the last part. On the other hand, this was the hardest media log for me since I need to create 5 paragraphs with 5 sentences each with this trailer that still lacks details since it is meant for suspense. Hence, the result was not good and organization of thoughts was bad. The only thing that was easy is the peer evaluation because there was no post for my partner's media log. I have waited until 12midnight for my partner to post a comment but still, there was none. I had a terrible experience for this third media log of mine.


Media Log#4: Online Newspaper Editorial

This Media Log encourages me to think critically and have a common sense on focusing on the effects and stating the causes of worsening corruption. Before I did this, thought at first that it will be hard but the good news is that it is average in difficulty since everything that I need is in the editorial itself. I chose this editorial since corruption is prevalent in the Philippines. Despite all of this, I am worried on the results would be especially the structure. I am not liberated to write since the cause and effect transition words are needed to be in the output. Nevertheless, I finished it and the peer evaluation was smooth. The APA reference citation is quite challenging for me also. 


Even if I have faced many challenges in writing these media logs, It helped me build my confidence  in sharing my work to the class. It gained me more knowledge too. I became more critical with my grammar, learned how to evaluate others, and realizing the importance of citing the references. These media logs also assisted me to become more focused on the requirements and be aware of the need to improve my skills in organizing those sentences. I am grateful that this kind of activity exists because it contributes for the holistic development of writers through the use of patterns, being in order, citations, and many other grammar points.

No comments:

Post a Comment